- This event has passed.
Essentials of Clinical Sleep Health and Education – Online Course
April 9 - May 25
This course introduces health care professionals to the specialty of sleep medicine. It prepares the learner to work with other health care professionals and directly with sleep disorder patients and their families to help patients navigate through the diagnostic process and achieve successful treatment and improved outcomes. The learner will also be prepared to educate and promote good sleep in the community. The course discusses:
- normal and abnormal sleep
- sleep disorders and associated comorbid conditions
- clinical evaluation of sleep
- testing and treatment options
- monitoring therapeutic compliance
- educating the patient/family/community
- developing a sleep program
This course is offered entirely online. Learners progress through the course at their own pace within the seven-week completion timeframe. Online learning components will include discussion boards, case presentations, quizzes, and a final quiz.