Studies have found that in the United States, over 100,000 motor vehicle accidents annually are related to sleep. Indirect costs related to sleep problems such as accidents, litigation, property destructions are thought to be $50 to $110 billion annually. It is estimated that 40 million Americans suffer from chronic, long term sleep disorders. Alertness is vitally important to both safety and productivity in business that
- Operate around the clock or through the night
- Have staff that work in transportation related roles
- Have staff that operate potentially dangerous machinery
- Have staff with have limited access to natural light in their workplace
- Have staff that must maintain vigilance during mundane work
The ACADEMY OF SLEEP AND WELLNESS provides guidance to Human Resources, Risk Management and Occupational Health and Safety departments in a variety of industries. Please contact us for more information on how we can help your business.